Tuesday, August 28, 2007

WEC Headquarters and Orientation Pictures

Prayer walking down the streets of Philly.
Rocky statue at the Philadelphia Museum of Art.



The Trekkers and Staffers (Left to Right: Lisa, Laura (staff, she set up my trip), Holly (staff), Joelle (fellow trekker), Tonda (staff), Ron (staff), David(fellow trekker))



The Castle (I stayed on the third floor...)


This was a great week. At the beginning of the week they asked for a word to describe how I was feeling and I think I said nervous. Tonight they asked for a word to describe how we felt now and I said I was ready. I'm ready. I leave tomorrow on a plane to Heathrow and then a connecting flight onto Madrid. Pray for safety in my travelling. Lots of safety and good navigational skills and alertness and sleep on the flights. Pray that when I arrive in Madrid that I'm able to find those there to pick me up.
See you on the flip side. (That's for you Lou)










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Lisa, you are ready . I hope that this is a life changing experience for you. We love you and will miss you every day but you have a mission to fulfill and you are ready. XOXO always, mom and dad

Anonymous said...

Lisa, what a privelge to have this blog to follow your journey. We are praying for you daily and usually multiple times a day. God bless you and your family (we love you Vic, Rhonda, and Lou). We will eagerly anticipate your arrival in Spain and your return to home. Have fun looking at the ocean.

Ryan

P.S. - I just asked Reed if he wanted to tell you anything and he said, "I want to tell her, 'Happy missions trip day." Then he said, "Good bye Lisa, I love you (each word with commanding emphasis)."

Lisa said...

Ack! That kid is CUTE!!! Tell him I got his message.