Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Orientation

Hi Everyone. I made it safely to Philadelphia. Only a slight delay out of Houston due to bad weather around Philadelphia. Today was our first full day of orientation. We took a tour around the WEC campus here and sat through a few informational classes. This campus is full of missionaries and staff who are so international and from so many different backgrounds and languages. I love it. I sat around a table today for an afternoon break with people from Venezuela, Korea, Africa, England and we spoke French, English, Spanish and we ate banana bread and drank coffee. I think I'm going to enjoy this very much.

Now that all the busy-ness at home is ended and I'm in a place where I'm immersed in learning and preparing for this trip I am learning a new humble sort of being overwhelmed. There's so many people that have traveled so much and to them it's a normal experience, and it's okay that it's not normal for me. That it can be scary and I'm nervous. I told Laura today that I have been on the verge of tears all day because of the reality that is setting in and she said that was normal. She cried herself to sleep the first couple of nights she was at orientation. That made me feel better.

I've already learned more about Spain than I did the whole time I was researching from home just through talking to people and reading the wealth of information they have here. I'm definitely keeping an attitude of being teachable. It feels good.

I won't have as much time to keep up with correspondence like I had hoped. I will make an effort to update this blog and check emails and such probably once a week.

Talk to you soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,

We are so thrilled to hear that you are there and that you are filled with such intense emotions. I truly believe that what you are feeling is what we call faith. You've stepped out, now God is honoring you by stretching you. Your faith is growing. Our lives our blessed. Thank you for sharing this part of your story.

Ryan

AshleyFANTASTIC said...

Hey lisa, I'm glad you made it safely! I'm so happy for you, this is going to be a life changing event for you, a tip...when you buy souviner's for you or other people get an 'extra' bag. I did that when i went to japan, so much easier than shoving all of it into one suitcase =)...
I hope you have a ton of fun there, and you better take pics for me! I love you and have a awesome trip~
oh and take pics of any japanese people you meet...not that there's a lot of japanese people in spain,actually probably none...but yeah do it anyway!
Loveyou!
Ashley

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa, Miss you Bye DAD