Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What's your story?

I got the great privilege of being able to share about my Spain trip/experience at church on Sunday morning. I got to share about why I went and what it was like, the positives and negatives, and how God taught my heart in it, and the struggles of returning home, and how I *must* carry forth the changes as I move into the future. It was a great opportunity to share what God has done and can do in His world!

As I was preparing for this over lunch with the three preachers, we talked about the importance of sharing your story with fellow brothers and sisters in the church. The positive benefits of telling someone else the things you've been through, the struggles and blessings, and the way God has changed your life through certain circumstances. I know this to be true because not only have I enjoyed sharing with people about Spain, but since I've started sharing, so many people have come up to me and wanted to share their stories as well!! I had a cancer survivor share with me the awesome strength she felt in Christ even though the doctor's appointment kept presenting bad news! I heard from a teacher who spent many years as a missionary in Mexico. I could tell his heart was still in it! Wanting to go back! I've heard about a man who learned the power of prayer through a trip to Thailand.

Keep sharing!!! It allows you a chance to process the information, praise God because of it, and possibly encourage someone else who needs to be reminded of joy and peace!

No comments: