Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Birthday Blessings

My birthday was this past Saturday, the 15th. Everyone here was so super sweet and kind and made me feel very special and loved. It was a good few days! Thursday I went and worked in the WEC office with Steve and Coralie finishing up a bulletin board (fun fun fun!) and then we went shopping at a small local mall. Coralie was sweet enough to let me choose something for myself at a jewelry boutique. On Friday I had a couple girls (Maria and Beatriz) over for a movie night and I ordered real authentic Spanish take out pizza (Telepizza...not bad. The locals like Pizza Hut better). We watched the movie with Drew Barrymore "Never Been Kissed", except we watched in Apanish "Nunca Me Han Besado". =) Then on Saturday I met Esther and Margaret at the bus stop and we went to another mall and had a nice lunch at an American style restaurant called Vips (The hamburger was pretty good...) then I accompanied them to their kid's club ministry that they ran at a local church Saturday evening. 5 hours of complete chaos. I was exhausted. There was another lady at the club that had her birthday also, so they shared her birthday cake with me and we got to blow the candles out together. That was nice! Then Margaret made a really wonderful birthday cake Monday night...so I shared that one with Eun Suk and we blew out the candles together because her birthday is on Thursday!! Pay it forward, right? =)

In general I've never been a huge birthday person, I usually just let it pass with a nice dinner with the family y ya esta, but this year in a new environment with a new set of people it was quite different to be showered with so much attention. I got so many wonderful gifts that I never would have imagined or expected! It was nice. Thank you everyone!! I got a really great package from the parents on Friday that had some drawings the family had made at Thanksgiving! I hung them up in my room. I also got a surprise package from my friend Melissa in Boston! I like surprises!

Showing off some of my presents and the pictures on the wall:


Me and Margaret at lunch at Vips:


Making clementine Christmas tree ornaments with the little pequenitas!



Year #27 is pretty good so far.

No comments: