Saturday, January 19, 2008

TOLEDO

The week started off really busy. I had been feeling a bit bored, so I spoke up and now I've got enough work to keep be busy plus some. Office work with Steve and Coralie, putting together a ministry budget for the residencies, and starting a new banner!

So on Friday, we took a day off and went on a day trip to TOLEDO. The fog cleared as we left Madrid and the bright blue sky made for a perfect day for being tourists. It was Esther, Dani, and Claire (who we just met this week. She's touring around Madrid for a week and needed people to hang out and explore with!) By far the most beautiful city in Spain that I've seen so far. The tight streets that wind around in a maze of confusion. The little nooks that have coffee shops in them. The colorful patio covers and adorning flower pots. The huge and timeless rock wall that surrounds the city. The paella that had so much shellfish in it the girls were grossed out (I was smart, I ordered Spaghetti). The river that surrounds the rock wall that has rock cliffs stretching up the opposite side. The architecture and design that shows the Moorish influence from the last millennium. Pretty.



I still can't get over the awesomeness when 4 gals from completely different continents have come together in the name of Jesus to one location and can enjoy each other's company. Esther from Germany, Claire from South Africa via Londen, Dani from Australia, and Lisa from the USA.





















"The torture isn't art nor culture. Bullfighters Assassins."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

did u take that last picture in honor of kasey and her stance against bullfighting?

Jim B said...

So I was completely confused about what the graffiti said before I logged on to the comment section. I was going to ask but Louis clued me in...dang I shoulda taken Spanish in high school.
Really pretty amazing where God has brought you Lisa.

Anonymous said...

So can you fill me in on the graffiti? I also should have taken Spanish. Great photos. Mom

Anonymous said...

thanks so much for the comment lisa!
it's much appreciated!
it makes me think, but i'll blog on that later lol
mmm go read my new one..it's deep.
jk jk actually i have no idea if it is or not..
but whatever.
love all the pictures your taking!
They're great!
love ya!
Ashley